When preparing the house for the fall, there is much to be done to ensure safety, energy efficiency, and protection of the structure. Getting the fall gutters ready should be a top priority for every homeowner. Clogged gutters can wreak havoc on the home’s roof, walls and foundation, which is why preparing the gutters is so essential. These tips on gutter “do’s” and “don’ts” will make your fall maintenance schedule much easier to accomplish.
Clogged gutters, leaky gutters, falling down gutters and other types of gutter problems can all be prevented. These gutter “do’s” will help you understand how to take care of and maintain safe and properly functioning gutters this fall.
- Whether you have seamless gutters or traditional gutters, they need to be cleaned. To begin, don a pair of heavy duty work gloves.
- Use a ladder to access the gutters.
- Use a small hand trowel to scoop debris out of the gutters. Put the debris into a small bucket or just drop it onto the ground below and clean it up later.
- Use a scouring pad to scrape off any caked on debris, mud, or asphalt shingle pieces from the sides and bottom of the gutters.
- Use a garden hose to flush out the gutters.
- Watch for any areas of the gutters that leak while the water flows through them.
- Make sure the downspouts are clear and free of debris.
Preparing fall gutters can be a chore and a challenge. Following these gutter “don’ts” could help ensure your personal safety and that of your home.
- Don’t try to clear up clogged gutters yourself if you have medical conditions that make it difficult to take on that type of physical activity.
- Don’t use a rickety ladder to prepare the fall gutters.
- Don’t try to rehang seamless gutters yourself.
- Don’t try to install your own gutter replacements.
- Don’t try to clean the gutters during inclement weather or if severe weather threatens the area.
- Don’t wait until the last minute to clear clogged gutters or to schedule gutter replacements.
How to Avoid the Preparation of Fall Gutters
If preparing fall gutters is too time consuming of a task or is not easy for you to do, gutter replacements by LeafGuard are a cost effective solution. Seamless gutters installed by our company avoid many problems such as clogged gutters and leaky gutters that can damage your home during the winter. Gutter replacement with seamless gutters can also help you avoid injury that could happen when trying to fix clogged gutters yourself.
Our gutter replacements can be styled to blend in with the color of your home. These seamless gutters can help keep your roof in pristine condition while also protecting the walls and foundation of your home from water damage. To schedule your gutter replacement with attractive and functional seamless gutters, visit Leafguard or contact us today.